Blind Virtual Assistants is an accredited Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) training provider for Kosova, North Macedonia and Albania.
We are experts in supplying and supporting assistive software and hardware designed for use by disabled students to help them with their course work.
We provide training in sessions of 1, 2 or 3 hour blocks, depending on the recommendation from the assessor. We are considerate of pace and IT experience and tailor the sessions to fit the user, incorporating study skills and course requirements.
Some examples of the assistive technology we train on is as follows:
- Literacy support software such as TextHelp Read & Write and ClaroRead
- Notetaking software and apps
- Speech to text software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Mind-mapping tools such as MindView and MindManager
- Digital recorders such as the Milestone ace 112
- Software for the visually impaired such as JAWS, ZoomText, Fusion and Supernova
- Video magnifiers, both portable and desktop models
- Electronic Braille devices such as the BrailleSense notetakers, Focus Blue refreshable Braille displays and braille printers
Training sessions can be provided remotely, via voice call and remote access to your system, or in a one-to-one session wherever you may be and feel comfortable – in a place of study, at home, or at our training rooms.
With an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the diverse needs of each individual, Blind Virtual Assistants design training to meet every customers’ specific requirements. Whether you have a fixed or general idea please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we would be delighted to build a training session with you.
Please note that accessible hardware and software can be provided for the purposes of the training if required.
To place your training order please use the following contact details:
Phone – +383 49 30 90 60 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org