Authorisation Dongle Accessory +£105, Download
JAWS 2022 is now available. This is downloadable from the Freedom Scientific website.
The world’s most popular screen reading software
JAWS enables people with vision loss to independently use a computer with a keyboard, speech, or Braille display. With JAWS, you can navigate the Internet, write a document, create spreadsheets and presentations, email correspondence, and much more from your office, remote desktop, terminal servers, and from home.
Please note that downloadable products are not delivered instantly.
The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Talking installation
- Convenient OCR feature for image files or inaccessible PDF documents
- Supports PEARL Camera for direct access to Print documents or books
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, and much more
- Supports Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7, including touch screens and gestures
- Save time with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer
- Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It
- Fully compatible with ZoomText, Fusion, MAGic, and the OpenBook Scanning and Reading Software
- JAWS Tandem Center available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Tandem Direct, Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Includes voices for over 30 different languages
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server® 2012, and Windows Server 2008
Processor speed: Minimum 1.5 GHz processor
Memory (RAM): 4 GB recommended (64-bit) 2 GB recommended (32-bit)
Required hard disk space: 20 MB to 690 MB required per voice for installing Vocalizer Expressive, Vocalizer Direct, or RealSpeak Solo Direct voices (file sizes will vary depending on the voice installed)
Video: A display adapter capable of at least 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit color (1024 x 768 screen resolution with 32-bit color recommended)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card (for speech)
- What’s New in JAWS 2021
- JAWS Keystrokes (PDF)
- JAWS Keystrokes (text)
- JAWS Keystrokes (HTML)
- Braille Display Input Commands (HTML)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (text)
- JAWS Help System (ZIP file) Note: After unzipping and saving the help files, select JFW.CHM to launch the primary help file.
- JAWS Support for ARIA (Word file): ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) is assistive technology markup used by Web content creators to make Web pages more accessible for screen readers. This is done by adding specific ARIA tags and elements to HTML code. Read this document to learn more about JAWS support for ARIA markup.
- JAWS Tandem Quick Start Guide
- JAWS Tandem FAQs
- Software Activation
JAWS Scripting Resources
- Basics of Scripting Manual (HTML)
- Basics of Scripting Manual (self-extracting file)
- Enhancements in Scripting
- FSDN (Functions Reference Manual)
- JAWS UIA Script API Documentation
- Domain Scripting Quick Start (PDF)
- Research It: Creating Rule Sets for JAWS (Word file)
- Updating Verbosity Scripts for the JAWS Options Tree View (self-extracting file)