OpenBook converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, reading it aloud with high-quality speech and the latest in accurate optical character recognition (OCR).
Use OpenBook to read books, magazines, and bills. OpenBook identifies columns and places them in logical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaker voices.
OpenBook is innovative software designed to enhance success for people who are blind or have low vision.
The low vision features of OpenBook allow you to tailor the appearance of text on your screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors. A Split View option allows for easy comparison of the original document and the results of OCR conversion. Masking and Word Spotlighting features synchronize with the text being read, making it easy to follow the screen position during reading.
- Highlight important passages of a document for later reference
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Export to other applications like Microsoft Word or Notepad
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Built-in photocopy functionality
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
- Common key commands with JAWS® and MAGic®
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
*Scanner not included.