With the TactileView software, you can easily create tactile graphics for people who can not see. Blind people can read the graphics by touch and interpret the tactile material. Easy to use tools are available for the design and production of tactile pictures, diagrams and maps.
What can TactileView do?
- Easy-to-use tactile graphics editor in many languages
- Fully accessible with the mouse, keyboard or screen reader
- Wide range of supported braille embossers
- Create designs for printing on swell paper or on our TactiPad drawing board with the Thinkable motorised drawing arm (MDA).
- Many drawing tools and image processing filters available for easy editing
- Extensive user manual available (online or pdf download)
- Thousands of ready-to-use designs can be downloaded from the TactileView catalog
- Importing images from a wide range of file formats and sources
- Math module creates graphs of any equation
- Produces tactile maps of any area on your desired scale with the RouteTactile map maker
Text and graphics documents with Duxbury Braille Translator
TactileView is the perfect software when it comes to tactile graphics, while Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) is widely used as a tool to create perfect braille translations. By combining TactileView with DBT, you can create documents that contain both tactile graphics and braille texts!
Visit the DBT website for more information about translating documents to braille.
You can find a full user manual as well as tutorials on the TactileView manual page.
|Licence||One-time purchase, unlimited use|
|Delivery||Registration key via email|
|Supported embossers||list of supported braille embossers and details|
|System requirements)||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10; for Mac OS X, a Windows emulator is required|
|Parallel Installations||Two TactileView versions from the software generations below and over 2.5 can be installed parallelly on one computer|
|Available languages||Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|
|File formats||TactileView files (.bpx); import .txt, .svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .tiff or .gif|
|Internet requirements||TactileView can be used offline, but specific functions (e.g. map maker, designs catalog) require internet access|
|Software security||A registration key is valid for software registration on one computer only|
|Returns||Within 14 days; see ‘Right of withdrawal’ in our terms and conditions|
The latest TactileView version is available to anyone as download for free.
After the installation, you can try it out in demonstration mode. In this mode, your designs will contain watermarks when printed and cannot be saved.
After purchasing this software licence, you will receive a so-called SPC (Software Product Code; your license key) by email.
You can then register the installed software with the SPC and use TactileView in full mode. Your produced designs will not contain watermarks anymore and you will be able to save them.
Prices are listed and charged in Euros. If you want to have an approximate price in dollars you can switch the currency.
There are no reviews yet.