1 Step, 2 Step, 3 Step
JAWS Home Upgrades
JAWS upgrades are available to purchase if you own an existing copy of JAWS.
Your existing serial number must be supplied.
Please ensure you select the upgrade from the version you currently own. All orders for upgrades are subject to cancellation should the wrong product be ordered.
Please allow 3-5 working days for processing.
- 3 Step Upgrade: Version 2020 and prior
- 2 Step Upgrade: Version 2021
- 1 Step Upgrade: Version 2022
The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC. You will be able to navigate the Internet, write a document, read an email and create presentations from your office, remote desktop, or from home.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Convenient OCR feature for image files or inaccessible PDF documents
- Picture Smart service to recognize images
- Voice Assistant to issue infrequently used commands
- Supports PEARL Camera for direct access to print documents or books
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and much more
- Supports Windows® 11, Windows 10, Windows Server® 2019, and Windows Server 2016
- Become more efficient with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer
- Compatible with ZoomText, Fusion, and OpenBook Scanning and Reading Software
- JAWS Tandem Center available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Tandem Direct, Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Kiosk support available
JAWS System Recommendations
To use JAWS for Windows, we recommend a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
|Operating System||Windows® 11, Windows 10, Windows Server® 2022, Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server 2016.
JAWS supports the x64 architecture for all operating systems.
JAWS provides additional support for the ARM64 architecture on Windows 11 operating systems.
|Processor speed||Recommended: 2.0 GHz i5 dual core or higher processor.|
|Memory (RAM)||Recommended: 8 GB or more.|
|Required hard disk space||2 GB with more space required for additional voices.
Recommended: SSD drive.
|Video||Video/Graphics card with support for DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
1024×768 display resolution.
|Sound||Windows-compatible sound card (for speech).|
- What’s New in JAWS 2023
- JAWS Keystrokes (PDF)
- JAWS Keystrokes (text)
- JAWS Keystrokes (HTML)
- Braille Display Input Commands (HTML)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (text)
- JAWS Help System (ZIP file) Note: After unzipping and saving the help files, select JFW.CHM to launch the primary help file.
- JAWS Support for ARIA (Word file): ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) is assistive technology markup used by Web content creators to make Web pages more accessible for screen readers. This is done by adding specific ARIA tags and elements to HTML code. Read this document to learn more about JAWS support for ARIA markup.
- JAWS Tandem Quick Start Guide
- JAWS Tandem FAQs
- Software Activation
JAWS Scripting Resources
- Basics of Scripting Manual (HTML)
- Basics of Scripting Manual (self-extracting file)
- Enhancements in Scripting
- FSDN (Functions Reference Manual)
- JAWS UIA Script API Documentation
- Domain Scripting Quick Start (PDF)
- Research It: Creating Rule Sets for JAWS (Word file)
- Updating Verbosity Scripts for the JAWS Options Tree View (self-extracting file)
Previous JAWS Documentation
If you want to view documentation for earlier versions of JAWS, visit the Previous JAWS for Windows Downloads page and download the appropriate JAWS version. Install this program and then look in the Help folder to find the product documentation.
JAWS Screen Reading Software
The latest version of JAWS can be downloaded using the links below. For new installations, download and save the executable file to your PC and install from there. The installer can be used for full installations or to update an existing installation already on your computer.
To install additional product languages other than English, select Options from the dialog box that displays after beginning the setup. Note that you can only install additional languages when performing a full installation and not when updating a version of the software that is already installed.
Learn what is new in JAWS 2023
Note: The following link requires an internet connection during the installation. If you need to install JAWS on a system that does not have an internet connection, choose the link below to the offline installer for secure environments.
There are no reviews yet.